Project Vice-Presidents Wanted!
The society is recruiting a team of 10 Project Vice Presidents to start with immediate effect.
What will a Project VP do? Each student recruited for the role will lead a team through all the stages of a specific project from planning and preparation to execution. Projects can be either events, such as What Next Conference, the Manchester Apprentice and Lean Start-Up Competition or specific tasks, such as Communications, Marketing and Publicity.
The specific duties and responsibilities of a Project VP will be:
1) Project management: Oversee a specific project and ensure its successful execution.
2) Report to the committee at regular intervals with updates on the project.
3) Communicate with external organizations to book venues, source speakers and prepare for the project.
1) A passion for enterprise: To succeed at this job, a belief in enterprise would be most helpful. The responsibilities, enumerated above are specific and serious; this isn't just a CV-line filler job with an inflated title and vague and broad job description. To do this job well, a genuine love for entrepreneurship will be most helpful in making the commitment rewarding and worthwhile.
2) Time-management experience: To show that the candidate will be able to work around, and not during, study hours to complete the project.
3) Prior experience in project management is preferable but not essential.
To apply, simply e-mail your CV and a cover letter answering each question below to our President, Fahim Sachedina (firstname.lastname@example.org):
1) Why you are interested in the role of Project VP.
2) How you meet each of the three requirements (listed above) through your past responsibilities and qualifications.
3) One idea for what Manchester Entrepreneurs can do to win the Best Society Award at the University of Manchester Students Union.
Applications are now open and will close on Thursday, 18th October, 2012. We will be interviewing and offering positions on a rolling basis, so you are at a distinct advantage by applying sooner.